- Meeting one of the Education / Experience eligibility prerequisites
- Attend this TTS Training Program in its entirety
- Pass the TTS Training Program Evaluation with a score of 65%
To take the TTS Training Program Evaluation:
Download the TTS Training Program Evaluation Application Form
National Certificate in Tobacco Treatment Practice (NCTTP)
The new NCTTP is now available! This is a transitional step on the pathway to national certification.
We encourage all prior and new trainees to apply for this certificate. It is of value for several reasons, including:
- Its status as a national credential is more meaningful than any institutional or state document.
- It is likely to have implications regarding billing for services in the future
- Possession of the NCTTP will hopefully provide a smooth 'grandfathering’ option to ultimate national certification
Transition plan to full national certification:
- Phase I: NCTTP Test Exempt Option. This option closed May 15, 2018. The NCTTP is a non-renewable document.
- Phase II: NCTTP Test Option. Those meeting the requirements AFTER May 15, 2018 are eligible for the NCTTP. Procedures are identical to Phase I, with the additional requirement of passing the certificate test. The NCTTP is a non-renewable document.
- Phase III: National Certification/Credential. This is expected Fall 2019. Eligibility requirements will be similar to the NCTTP, plus passing the newly developed certification examination. This certification will be renewable (criteria for renewal to be established). The current plan includes that those who already possess the NCTTP will be eligible for a simplified ‘grandfathering’ process.
For more information: